Monday 6 December 2010

Open Studios 2010

Hallo everyone

I was really delighted to take part in the Open Studios 2010 in the studios where I design and make all my pieces.


Photography by Sarmed Mirza

The Open Studios was held on a cold and dark night at the end of November. Visitors were welcomed with a friendly smile, a glass of warming mulled wine...

Photography by Sarmed Mirza

...and a delicious mince pie

Photography by Sarmed Mirza

There was plenty of time to browse...

Photography by Sarmed Mirza

Photography by Sarmed Mirza

...and plenty of time to chat with the artists

Photography by Sarmed Mirza

I was previewing some of my new ready-to-wear collection, which will be available to buy online and through (a few very select) stockists. My display also showed some of the beautiful brides I have made jewellery and accessories for:

Photography by Sarmed Mirza

And some of the photoshoots my pieces have been used in

Photography by Sarmed Mirza


I really enjoyed showing the many visitors we had my own studio space, talking about the pieces I have made and the way I work

Photography by Sarmed Mirza

Many of the visitors said that they had enjoyed the informality of the evening, the chance to meet and talk to the artists, the range and variety of work on offer, and the chance to see inside a working studio.


I am indebted to Sarmed Mirza for his beautiful images. He is a Glasgow-based photographer and film maker.

You can see more of Sarmed's photographic work here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sarmed/sets/
And read about his film work here: www.steppingstonefilmsltd.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment