Saturday 1 October 2011

In the studio


Hallo everyone

I thought I would post a picture of the lovely studio where I work, so you can see where I design and make all my pieces and also where I meet my customers - if they are within travelling distance.

I'm really lucky to work from a fantastic studio space right in the centre of Glasgow, in a community of artists (including designers, painters, photographers, writers and architects).

We're up high, so it's always bright. To the right is a lovely big window. I have my workbench right underneath, and this is where I do all my research, and all my designing and making:




On my wall are framed photographs of brides who have commissioned pieces from me on their wedding day, and a large frame showing just a few of the many pieces I have made over the years.

On the left hand wall are a couple of framed photographs from a photoshoot I worked on with Alan Hutchison.

Underneath are a small selection of thank you cards and some of the books on historical costume that I draw inspiration from:




Feel free to drop me a line if you'd like to make an appointment to come and have a chat, drink some tea and maybe even try on a few sparkly headbands, tiaras, necklaces or earrings!




Links







No comments:

Post a Comment