Sunday 27 November 2011

Real Brides: Lee-Anne


Hallo everyone

I'm really delighted to introduce the second in a series of interviews featuring some of the beautiful brides for whom I have made jewellery and accessories for.

Lee-Anne commissioned an understated, but very elegant, Swarovski rhinestone and pearl headband from me.


At what stage in the whole wedding planning process did you start thinking about your accessories?

I started thinking about accessories after I had decided/chosen the style of dress I wanted. I knew from the very start I didn't want a tiara, as I'm not an overly blingy/princess type person, but I think after choosing the dress was definitely the final decider.






How did you decide what accessories to wear?

I decided what to wear after having a vision on what I wanted and shopping around from there to see what matched what I had in mind. Looking at magazines etc initially helped with inspiration.


How did you hear about Gioia Mia?

I heard about Gioia Mia through The Scottish Wedding Directory.


Lee-Anne had seen one of my headbands in the Directory, and made an appointment to come up to my studio and try it on. We spent a lovely hour chatting about her wedding and her dress while she tried on a couple of different styles.






What did you enjoy most about having your jewellery and accessories designed and made for you?

What I enjoyed most about having my headband made for me was the personalised service. It was lovely to have something special made for me on my wedding day, and having it arrive in the lovely packaging was so exciting.





Is there any advice about jewellery and accessories that you could give a bride to be?

Advice I would give to brides to be is to choose accessorise that complements you as a person, and I would definitely choose the dress first then work it from there. Also it's nice not to always go with tradition - there are so many nice hair flowers/headbands out there instead of a traditional tiara.




Credits

Photography

I am really grateful to Gordon McGowan for allowing me to use his beautiful images of Lee-Anne's wedding on my blog.
You can see his website here.


Makeup

Lee-Anne's makeup artist was the very talented Jacquie Bruin.
You can see her website here.




No comments:

Post a Comment